<$BlogRSDUrl$>

These words are the last testament of Jesus Christ in the New World.

Monday, September 08, 2003

Query II

I hate answering machines, they're such an odd chunk of cultural space. Like, everyone leaves a message that says "leave your name and number, but, um, who doesn't know what to do when an answering machine answers it's just a regular, rote drill we all know? but the only thing more annoying than "leave your name and number" is "you know the drill". "You know the drill" like you're some hep, shoot from the cuff culture surfer who doesn't need to perform the rote instructions but instead collapses into another set of rote instructions. I find the prospect of leaving an answering message astoundingly daunting because in all probability in trying to eclipse the specter of knowing the drill i will, in fact create a new drill that will be just as pointless and barren as any other. So my answering machine message is mostly silence with the quiet sound of me sobbing near the end.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My email is guyball@yahoo.com. I don't know how to put it in here as a magical link thingy