<$BlogRSDUrl$>

These words are the last testament of Jesus Christ in the New World.

Thursday, July 24, 2003

You don't like the sound of the Truth

There are aspects of my personal life I didn't talk about for a long time. I was embarrassed, I was conscerned about what my friends and family would think, what society would say; I knew what I felt in my heart, but I couldn't rectify it to any of the things I knew or believed about myself. But there came a point when I saw so many people lying, lying to the world and lying to themselves, that I just had to be honest. I am a Dixie Chicks fan.

People have all these preconceived notions about us, that you've got to be some in-bred trailter trash to enjoy a trio of banjo playing bottle blondes, but you're wrong. We're Doctors, we're lawyers, we're interior designers and massage therapists, we're not from trailer parks, we just have trailer parks in our hearts. the chicks speak to that: they have a MESSAGE. A message that's equal parts watered down 1970's feminism and sex and the city style girls club fun. But hey, if it's good enough for Gwen Steffani, it's good enough for us.

A lot of you may wonder why I'm standing up against the public ridicule and judgement and criticism. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's because i've lived too long in a country where people were so worried about the opinions of others that they were scared to admit what they really enjoy lest they appear unhip. But mostly it's because of the Paxil, I really don't give a shit what anyone thinks these days.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My email is guyball@yahoo.com. I don't know how to put it in here as a magical link thingy