<$BlogRSDUrl$>

These words are the last testament of Jesus Christ in the New World.

Thursday, July 17, 2003

Declaration of purpose

I hate hipsters. I hate anyone who thinks they're better than the process of consumerism but still manages to buy 3 dollar coffee on a regular basis. I hate it when people say they don't like new country. Fuck you. The Dixie Chicks are better than Buck Owens and to say otherwise is probably either ill informed or the laziest sort of conservatism. I hate hipsters because they're people who claim to live by a highly refined aesthetic code, but instead replace affirmative choice with herding conformity. When people note that their dress or musical taste is strikingly similar to some crush of others, they always seem to note that it just happens to be what they like. Well, good friends, I would then ask you to observe and ruminate on why, exactly, the things you like happen to be in lockstep with so many others. Then I'd demand you spit out your cud, because you're not an animal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My email is guyball@yahoo.com. I don't know how to put it in here as a magical link thingy