<$BlogRSDUrl$>

These words are the last testament of Jesus Christ in the New World.

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Bergsteinowitz

Sometimes I wonder if the reason I haven't succeeded in show business is because my name doesn't sound jewish enough. Like, if your name sounds TOO jewish, that could get in the way, like if my name were Avram Cohen-Lifshitz and I were attempting to get work as an action hero or Romantic Comedy Leading Man. But I'm not trying to be anyone's leading man, I'm a COMIC, people are comfortable with comics being rather Jewy.. But me, if you looked at me, and I wasn't wearing a yarmulke or ritually slaughtering a cow, you probably wouldn't know that I'm really quite extraordinarily jewish. I'm probably jewisher than I am gay, but it's doing me no good. I bet if my name were Guy Kahn, the international conspiracy would have given me a show by now.

Elon Gold, I'm looking at you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My email is guyball@yahoo.com. I don't know how to put it in here as a magical link thingy