<$BlogRSDUrl$>

These words are the last testament of Jesus Christ in the New World.

Friday, June 20, 2003

Ethnic Struggle

My mother is half jewish and half native american. It's led to a highly ambivalent attitude towards camping. On the one hand, she believes firmly that wilderness skills are the best test of a person's worth. Her most regularly voiced criticism of my father is "If my father knew I married a man who can't even build a motherfucking fire, he'd roll over in his goddamn grave." At the same time, she hates camping. I asked her why when I was 9. She told me "Jews don't camp. The last time we went to camps, it didn't work out so well." The holocaust is my mother's answer to everything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My email is guyball@yahoo.com. I don't know how to put it in here as a magical link thingy